ClearlyRated helps B2B firms credibly differentiate themselves based on their service.
Customizing your survey program can offer a ton of value to different aspects of your business. Surveys don’t just support client satisfaction, they impact employee morale and training, financial forecasting, marketing efforts and operational processes. This makes setting a strong tone right at the beginning imperative.
The below best practices will help get you started on ways to think about creating your survey as well as some questions we’ve seen to be effective. Once you’ve finished crafting your survey set, share it with your dedicated Customer Success Manager via a word doc and they’ll be happy to offer feedback and submit it to the Operations team for processing.
Full survey customization is available with Enterprise plans only.
1. Set goals - what are you hoping to accomplish?
2. Asking close-ended questions to gather hard data
3. Ask questions that support a statement or A.K.A “the headline exercise”
4. Ask questions that are actionable
5. Avoid the below:
6. Think how the survey questions can impact operations, internal professional development, cross service education and marketing opportunities
7. If a new structure or process has been put in place, gauge how impactful it’s been and if any adjustments that can be made
8. Keep the survey short (think 12-14 questions max)
9. Worried about response rate?
10. Keep open-ended survey questions to a minimum (2-3)
The Types of Questions that ClearlyRated Supports will provide more detailed examples
The types of questions we support are:
We do not support more advanced survey question types like ranking, array or survey logic (aka, "based on prior answer", to then display a different question next).
1. [Brand] is collaborative in the way they work with your organization.
2. [Brand] educates you on new ideas and perspectives.
3. [Brand] is an innovative, creative problem solving partner.
4. To help better support your future/ existing needs, which of the services below do you need now or in the near future that you're not using today?
[SELECT: List of services]
5. In your opinion, is [brand] dedicated to empowering your business in achieving critical financial goals that improve your overall success?
6. Are you satisfied with the ROI our services provide?
7. What do you anticipate will be your biggest challenges this year?
1. I feel that I have access to the technology and tools that allow me to be successful in my job function at [brand].
2. Do you see yourself working here in a year?
3. What is the reason for your answer above?
4. Hypothetically, if you were to quit tomorrow, what would your reason be?
5. What practices do we need to change?
6. How can we help improve your engagement at work?